Embroidery Hoop Wall Art

Evening, friends! I finally made it home to PDX late last night after a long, eventful day of travel. Today has been quiet and relaxing. I stole my boyfriend's softest sweater, made a hot cup of tea and did work in bed all day! Oh, and I may have plugged in the twinkle lights and listened to a little Otis Redding Christmas Pandora channel...

Here is a little DIY I finished today that I have been meaning to do for a long time...filling this embroidery hoop has been one failed DIY after another. After using transfer paper to print a photo on fabric didn't work, I resorted to just washi taping a little feather in the middle of the hoop and calling it a day. Today that feather inspired me to try something else!

To do this I used a regular ink pad (since I won't be washing it or anything), a feather (needs to be one that isn't too fluffy - I cut mine down a little so there wasn't too much fluff and it was a shape I liked), letter stamps, white fabric, and of course the embroidery hoop.
I carefully stamped on the phrase I wanted. Then I used this tutorial to print the feather below the writing. I used a wine cork instead of a roller since I didn't have one, and it worked just fine!

I'm really happy with the way it turned out - I love that the stamp letters are a little bit imperfect. If you don't have letter stamps, you could also hand write a short phrase using a paint pen, or you could just do a feather! I'm excited to try a few more projects using my newly learned skill of feather printing :) 
Hope you're having a great Sunday! xx


10 comments:

  1. Wow! Well done. This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a cute idea! i love the imperfect stamp letters.. makes it seem more natural :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! So cute! Where did you get your stamp set? I've been looking for one for a while and haven't found anything yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)
      I got mine from a little shop called Gus & Ruby in Portsmouth, NH. I'm not sure what the brand is but this one on etsy is very similar: http://www.etsy.com/listing/122192257/small-alphabet-rubber-stamp-set-in?utm_source=google&utm_medium=product_listing_promoted&utm_campaign=supplies_low&gclid=CNLay9WylbsCFUmUfgod6VEAtw

      I always see the best sets at smaller paper/craft boutiques, but you could also try somewhere like paper source.

      Delete
  4. so adorable!!! I love how this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really informative article for all the related department. I am really impressed from your writing skill. Professional punch embroidery design really matters for getting and we can surely provide you with quality assurance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an amazing article for all the newbie of embroidery field and you have mentioned complete embroidery things in this blog with efficiency Appreciated!. digitizing services provider really need to improve their skill from it.

    ReplyDelete