Christmas/Winter Mix 2013

I always forget how much I love the holiday season. The first month or so of cold weather feels so magical...bundling up in fuzzy scarves and hats, drinking hot cocoa, cuddling up under piles of blankets. I love all the twinkling lights, the smell of Christmas trees, sitting in front of the fire at my parents' house, the excitement for the fresh start that comes with a new year, and of course, Christmas music. I found all of the local Christmas music channels and programmed them into my car's radio as soon as I got home from Thanksgiving (much to Taylor's dismay)! Even if they aren't the best songs in the world, so many Christmas songs have sweet memories attached to them...I love the classics but I've also discovered some different songs that are a little less corny :) Here is a mix I put together of some of my favorites...there are some classics, some alternative versions of the classics, and a few Winter songs for those of you who hate Christmas music!

Christmas/Winter Mix 2013 by Ella Nimmo on Grooveshark

This week I am hoping to check lots of things off my to do list, do a little Christmas shopping/crafting, and squeeze in some holiday movies and coffee dates. It has been freezing in Portland and it is hard to motivate to do anything but cuddle up in bed. We even got a little dusting of snow last week!...it made me so excited for a real snowfall when I'm visiting the East Coast for the holidays. Crossing my fingers for a white Christmas! Hope you all had a great weekend!

(original photo found here)

3 comments:

  1. I am hoping to do the same things this week! Christmas Shopping and coffee dates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been playing Silver Bells off of the She & Him album non stop lately. I have a feeling my husband is going to make me stop soon ;) Thanks for all the other Christmas song suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This playlist is amazing! You've got really good taste. May I suggest you listen to 'I wish it was Christmas today' by Julian Casablancas? Here's a link! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wS-k66MKgs

    ReplyDelete