A Weekend in Seattle

Hello hello, friends! Taylor and I just got back last night from spending the weekend in Seattle with my mom. We had such a great time and really didn't want to leave...Every time I go back to Seattle I fall more and more in love with the city! I lived there until I was 12, so I love going back and remembering all of the things we did there when I was younger - we drove by my old house, visited all of our old favorite spots, and got to visit with a few family friends. Here are some pictures of our short but sweet visit!
After a quick visit with my godmother on Vashon Island, our first stop was breakfast and some wandering around Pike Place Market.
After we got our fill of the market we wandered around downtown, popped into a few shops, and then rested our feet by the water and soaked in the sun. We were so lucky to get two beautiful sunny, crisp fall days.
We stopped at Golden Gardens, the beach where I insisted on having my birthday every year growing up, despite the water always being freezing cold!
Next stop was Gas Works Park, which is an old gas plant turned park. There is a big hill (best place for flying kites) that has a beautiful view of the water and downtown in the distance (the title picture for this post is the view). Was anyone else obsessed with the movie 10 Things I Hate About You when they were younger? This park is where they filmed the paint balling scene :)

On Sunday morning we went to the Ballard Farmer's Market. We walked around, tried all the samples, enjoyed yummy food/coffee, and listed to some music.
Next stop was Red Mill Burgers for lunch. I wasn't leaving Seattle before I got one of their boysenberry shakes!
We ended the trip with a walk around Greenlake - I think I spent about half my childhood here learning to ride my bike, taking swimming lessons, running around with friends, playing soccer...Perfect place to end the trip! Taylor and I are already thinking about when we can plan another visit. Anyone been to Seattle recently? What did you think?

PS If you ever visit Seattle, I would highly recommend the restaurant El Camino in Fremont for dinner. We went there and loved it - great atmosphere & service, and super yummy mole & margaritas!

Ok, off to do some shopping for a few DIY projects I want to tackle this week! xx

3 comments:

  1. I love all these pictures!! I would love to visit Seattle one day!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to visit Seattle! I'm glad to hear you had a good time!
    Whimsy Darling

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic shots! It makes me want to plan a trip there pronto!

    Suzanne
    A Coin For the Well

    ReplyDelete