Tay's Sidecar Recipe

Hi Friends! I have another cocktail recipe for you!...Surprised? I promise I do things other than make/drink cocktails...Really! Today Taylor is here to share his version of a sidecar - I'm not much of a whiskey fan, so I think that the fact that I can stand to take more than a sip or two of this drink says a lot! Here are Taylor's directions:
"You will need:
Bourbon
Lime Juice
Sugar
Triple Sec
Angostura Bitters
Maple Syrup
Tonic Water

Pour half an ounce of lime juice into a mason jar. Sprinkle in a pinch of sugar, close the lid and shake until it dissolves (or just use pre-made sweetened lime juice). Next, add 3/4 oz of Triple Sec, 1 oz of bourbon, 3 dashes of Angostura Bitters, and 1/4 oz of pure maple syrup (preferably not Aunt Jemima's, though that may be my New England Snobbery talking). Close the lid on the mason jar and shake until the drink begins to foam. Pour over ice and dilute with tonic water."

That's it! Hope you all can enjoy this drink before Summer leaves us for good. Before you know it will be time for hot cocoa and hot cider. I've been doing DIYs like crazy over here (along with endless job applications...ugh) and I'm so excited to share them all with you as soon as they're done! I have a project for you tomorrow that will take you about five minutes to make :)

No comments:

Post a Comment