Currently


Reading:  The Silver Linings Playbook.  I've been trying to read The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo since the end of the Summer, but no matter how hard I try I just can't seem to make myself get into it.  Anyone else feel that way about this book?  Anyways, I decided to just stop forcing it and move onto something different.  So far I'm loving this book. Also loving being able to read for pleasure now that I'm no longer reading hundreds of pages of academic literature a night!

Listening to: Lots of Camera Obscura.  I recently bought more of their music and have been listening to it non-stop.  Especially love this song.  (Also, try listening to the Camera Obscura playlist on Pandora.  So good).

Eating: Healthy.  I'm trying really hard to cook real meals rather than pasta every night. It's going ok.  I made a variation of this vegetarian chili with polenta the other night and it was really good and easy to make.

Loving: Yoga. I started going to Power Yoga at a "yoga by donation" studio downtown and I love it.  I come out feeling so productive and relaxed.  For those who live in the area, this is the one I go to.

Drinking: Specialty cocktails at Happy hour with my girlfriends.  We went to a place called Saucebox in downtown Portland twice within a week.  If you ever visit Portland definitely go for happy hour. I would recommend the Pad Thai ($4!) or Steamed Clams ($5!) to go with their "cocktail of the day".

Looking forward to:  The weekend! I have Friday off this week, so I get an extra long weekend.  Also, one of my best friends from home is visiting on Sunday.  Can't wait to see her and show her my city.

*inspiration for this "currently" post came from Sometimes Sweet Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment